Dermal fillers, often referred to as facial fillers, are a popular and non-invasive cosmetic treatment designed to restore volume, smooth wrinkles, and enhance facial contours. Composed of various substances such as hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, or poly-L-lactic acid, dermal fillers are injected beneath the skin’s surface to counteract the effects of aging. They work by plumping up areas that have lost elasticity and firmness over time, reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and hollowed cheeks. Dermal fillers are a versatile solution used to augment lips, redefine jawlines, and rejuvenate hands, among other applications. The results are typically immediate, with minimal downtime, making them an attractive option for individuals seeking a refreshed and more youthful appearance without the need for surgery.
WHY USE DERMAL FILLER?
As we age, our faces experience many changes. Beginning in our mid-late 20’s, we lose roughly 1% of our collagen stores each year. After menopause, we lose 2% each year. Not only does your body produce less of this essential substance as you age, but other changes in skin laxity, bone structure, and fat distribution have lasting effects on how we see ourselves in the mirror. Dermal fillers are ideal for enhancing the plump, youthful contours of the face and restoring hydration, giving a refreshed appearance without surgery or weeks of downtime.
Whether your goals are in the mid-face, like the cheeks, or if you’d like to regain some fullness in the lips and soften folds around the mouth, dermal fillers can be a valuable asset to any patient seeking a rejuvenated complexion.
Here at Davam Aesthetics, our medical providers will listen intently to your goals, assess your complexion & devise a comprehensive injectable treatment plan – fully customized to your area(s) of concern to provide you with the most natural correction and your safety at the top of mind. No one has to know but you – and your injector.
Davam Aesthetics only carries the most tested and researched fillers to treat your areas of concern. We carry the Juvederm and Restylane portfolios of hyaluronic acid gel fillers.
Dermal fillers can be used to
• Soften light to moderate lines
• Fill moderate to severe folds & wrinkles
• Raise some scar depressions
• Enhance and augment the lips
• Refine the lip contour
• Contour, restore volume, and lift the cheeks
• Define the chin
• Plump up areas that experience hollowness
• Soften age on the back of the hands
• Improve facial symmetry
When will I see results?
Your filler results will be visible immediately after treatment. You may experience swelling for a week or so before it subsides on its own. Every patient is different. Drinking lots of water and sleeping on your back can assist in the settling process. Once the filler settles and integrates into your tissues, the final results will be visible 2-3 weeks after treatment.
How long does filler last?
Every patient is uniquely different. The longevity of fillers can vary on several factors. The treatment area, the amount of filler injected, and how your body metabolizes the product.
• Fillers may last, on average, anywhere from 6 to 24 months, depending on the type used.
• For example, a denser filler designed for use in the mid-face area to lift and sculpt the cheeks will last longer than a softer filler for mild frown lines around the mouth.
• “High traffic areas,” like the lips and folds, often metabolize quicker than other areas. “High-traffic areas” are those that have the most movement & expression.
How many treatments do I need?
Filler results can be long-lasting, but they are not a permanent solution. Re-evaluating your filler every six months with your provider can be helpful to ensure your most natural results are maintained – safely and efficiently – as your body metabolizes the product.
• One syringe of filler is approximately one teaspoon of product, which can also be described as a giant blueberry.
• To get a full correction in the cheeks, chin, or folds, your medical provider may recommend more than one syringe in your treatment plan.
What are the side effects of filler?
You may experience redness, swelling, localized discomfort & bruising. In rare cases, some patients could experience itching or a rash. All of the side effects tend to occur around the injection site(s) and are usually clear in 7-14 days.
• The most common side effects after filler injection are redness at the injection site(s) and localized swelling, which are part of the normal healing process.
• If you are prone to bruising or have thin, delicate skin – note that it is best to avoid NSAIDs for one week before injection and one week after.
• Arnica can assist in preventing bruising and speed healing.
• We always recommend increasing water intake to help your filler integrate into your tissues & plump up!
• avoid pinching, pressing, or manipulating the filler under the skin. Only a licensed medical provider should massage the area.
What are the side effects of filler?
Downtime is a word we use to describe the recovery period after your treatment. This period varies from patient to patient and with the type of filler injected. Usually, you can resume most activities right away, but staying well hydrated and avoiding intense physical activity for 24-48 hours after the treatment is recommended. Heat, sun exposure, sweating, and flushing may cause irritation, itching, or additional swelling. Ideally, avoid travel for 48 hours post-treatment if you experience rare complications. Waiting 2-3 weeks before undergoing other facial treatments is best.
At Davam Aesthetics, we understand the importance of feeling confident in your own skin. Our dermal fillers are tailored to rejuvenate and enhance your facial features, providing a natural and youthful boost. As one of our premier treatments, dermal fillers offer immediate results, smoothing out wrinkles and restoring lost volume. Whether you’re looking to plump up your lips, enhance cheekbones, or smooth fine lines, our expert team is here to guide and support you. Visit us at our two sophisticated clinics in Magnolia and Tomball, TX, to discover the transformative power of dermal fillers and let Davam Aesthetics help you achieve your desired look with precision and care.